US Open Junior Wrap; Bollettieri's Legacy; More US Open Junior Talk

    I'm far from finished with the U.S. Open Junior Championships, despite spending the past four days working on stories and photos about them. My weekly post for The Tennis Recruiting Network is a synopsis of the tournament with a particular focus on the path to the finals for Vandeweghe and Britton.

    There are transcripts available for all four of the interviews with the junior finalists at ASAP Sports.

    Britton's plans for the future are also mentioned in this feature that appeared yesterday in the Jackson Clarion-Ledger.

    Britton has been at IMG/Bollettieri's for three years, and although he isn't mentioned in this espn.com piece on Nick Bollettieri by Greg Garber, several juniors are. No longer a junior, Donald Young also is getting advice from Bollettieri these days. I saw Nick at many junior matches last week: Rhyne Williams vs. Ryan Harrison; Britton vs. Bradley Klahn; Filip Krajinovic vs. Jarmere Jenkins, keenly interested in the tennis technique and strategy, despite what he says in this story. I only hope I am able to see half as many tennis matches as Nick Bollettieri in my lifetime, and to enjoy them all as much as he does.

    I will be a guest on the Friday, September 12th webcast of tennisliveradio.com, where Todd Skovron and I will talk about the U.S. Open Junior Championships. It's a free service, so sign up now and log in, whether it's during the live show Friday at 6 p.m., or to listen to archives. My July 29 Kalamazoo preview is available in the "Interviews" section.

Post Title

US Open Junior Wrap; Bollettieri's Legacy; More US Open Junior Talk


Post URL

https://dancing-with-the-stars-2011.blogspot.com/2008/09/us-open-junior-wrap-bollettieri-legacy.html


Visit dancing-with-the-stars-2011 for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive