The Best 14-year-old in the World

    According to this recent article in the Sunday Telegraph, that's Carlos Boluda of Spain. (I'm assuming they mean 14-year-old boy; Michelle Larcher de Brito has beaten a WTA Top 50 player). Boluda gets unrestrained praise from Rafael Nadal throughout the piece.
    It's going to be very important the next two or three years," Nadal said. "But he has a big chance to be a very, very good player because when you are young and the best in the world it's easier afterwards. I was one of the best but when I was 14 I don't have any control.

    "When I saw him he had total control of the ball. He can do everything - maybe he's better than me. When I was 14 I can improve a lot of things, but I think he can also improve a lot of things, except [for him] it's just [a matter of] perfecting things."
    Boluda was signed by Prince last September, (press relase is here) so there is no question that Boluda will be a professional tennis player. He already is, as is Bernard Tomic, who, ranked No. 55 in the world, is also 14 (he'll be 15 in October). But as we've witnessed with Donald Young, who was signed by IMG, Nike and Head at age 15, and is mentioned in the article as being "rushed to the tour", that precociousness doesn't always translate to immediate tour success.

    Young, now 17, won his first Futures event last week in Little Rock, Arkansas. Sally Milano at usta.com provides the details.

Post Title

The Best 14-year-old in the World


Post URL

https://dancing-with-the-stars-2011.blogspot.com/2007/04/best-14-year-old-in-world.html


Visit dancing-with-the-stars-2011 for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive