Dallas, We Have a Problem!

    I have been wanting to write this post for a while. I have some concerns. Mainly about very important, life-altering issues. All of which surround my style and fashion sense. I think I may have lost my senses.

    I first noticed some symptoms when I had some free time and some extra cash and therefore headed to Nordstrom. What was supposed to be a fun and exciting shopping experience, quickly turned south.

    I realized that I didn't know what to do once I got there. What department should I shop in? The sassy and expensive jeans section with fun and pricey tops? The juniors department where the clothes never fit quite right and I question the age-appropriateness all the time? Or the other section on the 2nd floor? I don't even know what to call that section.

    I ended up leaving empty handed.

    I am having hair issues as well. It is long and I have lots of gray. I always tell people that if you wear it in a pony tail everyday, then it's time for a cut. Also, if you actually take the time to dry and fix it and it still doesn't look good, it's time for a change. (Jenny recently went through this and got a cute haircut. Way to go Jenny). I have waited to cut my hair until after the triathlon. I have already made an appointment so hopefully this problem will be gone in a week or two!

    But the thing that really made me question my fashion savvy and style sense happened last week. I receive several catalogs and magazines in the mail. A lot of times I toss them before ever looking through them. No time. No money to waste. I tossed the White House Black Market book, the Nordstrom brochure and others.

    One catalog caught my eye and I sat down to look through it. I thought to myself numerous times, "this could be cute"-- "I could make this work" -- "I wonder how this piece might fit." Ladies, it was the Eddie Bauer catalog. Since when was EB, the beacon of fashion? Since never. I see comfortable, affordable, and durable clothes in that catalog. Not bad adjectives, just probably not the ones Stacy and Clinton would want for me to use while shopping.

    I am afraid I am becoming what I never wanted to be. An outdated, boring mom. (I only mean that phrase concerning fashion, I am not slipping into a depression based on a poor self-image--at least, not right now).

    Just some random thoughts for today.

Post Title

Dallas, We Have a Problem!


Post URL

https://dancing-with-the-stars-2011.blogspot.com/2008/09/dallas-we-have-problem.html


Visit dancing-with-the-stars-2011 for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive