Roger Federer out of Japan Open and Shanghai Masters

    Friday, September 25, 2009 - World Number 1 Roger Federer announced today he has withdrawn from the Japan Open and Shanghai ATP Masters 1000, after consulting his doctors and team members.

    As quoted from his Facebook page, Federer says this morning "I'm disappointed that I have to withdraw from Tokyo and Shanghai as they are two of my favorite cities in the world and the fans have been great to me over the years. After consultation with my team and doctors, I decided to take the difficult decision to withdraw from both tournaments so that I can give my body a chance to rest, rehabilitate and fully recover from a physically challenging year."

    Federer reached all four Grand Slam finals in 2009, winning two (French Open and Wimbledon) and being eliminated in the final round by Argentina's Juan Martin del Potro at the US Open and Spain's Rafael Nadal at the Australian Open.

Post Title

Roger Federer out of Japan Open and Shanghai Masters


Post URL

https://dancing-with-the-stars-2011.blogspot.com/2009/09/roger-federer-out-of-japan-open-and.html


Visit dancing-with-the-stars-2011 for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive