New Clay Season for U.S. Juniors?

    With Serena Williams the only American left in Paris for the second week, the U.S. reporters are looking for other story lines, and the Ft. Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel's Charlie Bricker, who always gives juniors some attention at Grand Slams, talked to Rhyne Williams before his match today, and filed this story. (Williams, by the way, lost in three sets; for complete results, see rolandgarros.com).

    I was very interested to hear Bricker quote Paul Roetert, Managing Director of High Performance, on the possibility of rearranging the junior calendar in the United States so that the clays are in the spring, and adding additional clay tournaments. I've been advocating this since I began to think about it, around 2004, I think, and I am delighted that it's up for discussion.

    A while back, Bricker also tracked Madison Brengle's stint in qualifying at the French. I don't agree with his assessment of her fitness level, but he's entitled to his opinion.

Post Title

New Clay Season for U.S. Juniors?


Post URL

https://dancing-with-the-stars-2011.blogspot.com/2007/06/new-clay-season-for-us-juniors.html


Visit dancing-with-the-stars-2011 for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive