Mommy Makeover #2

    Welcome to the Second Ever Mommy Makeover!

    Once again, I had such a good time. Shopping, hair, make up, visiting with friends--how could it not be fun?

    The next Makeover client is . . . .(drum roll please). . . Sunny Carroum!

    Sunny lives in my neighborhood and we have kids in the same preschool. She has two beautiful twin girls that are friends with Lily Bindra. I really got to know Sunny a little better at the gym. We would work out and visit--my favorite. We have a lot of common interests: American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance, and other fine television shows like that. It was fun to spend more time with Sunny for the makeover!

    Sunny Before
    Why did you want to do a Mommy Makeover? Since being a mom I have found myself comfortable with the minimalist of fashion, and I wanted to put some kick into my wardrobe. Plus, I'm a little compulsive of a shopper and just buy off the cuff, not thinking of the overall picture and if the thing really fits my style or my wardrobe.

    Sunny was great about the makeover. She said she was up for anything--specifically concerning her hair. She has great hair. It is thick, healthy and has a lot of body. We did some highlights with some copper pieces. It adds movement and some interest.

    She took several inches off and added some layering. The stylist also did some texturizing to it--that helps with all the volume. Sunny doesn't really have what people might call wash-n-go hair--I don't know many people who do. (If you are wondering if you do, the answer is probably no. However, that doesn't mean that we don't actually wash-n-go anyway!) Her hair definitely looks best with some products and a good blow-dry! She also invested in a straightening iron and velcro rollers. So when she goes to bank functions or on a date with her husband, she has some new tools to help get pretty!

    Sunny's beautiful hair! After.



    Sunny was also great with shopping. She was up for trying on anything to find what styles and colors fit her best. She then went to Chicago the next week and did some more shopping with some of the tips and techniques we learned. She got some great stuff!

    Below Sunny is wearing a top she got from Forever 21 (right?). It is flowy and fun--that is what Sunny likes. You should definitely buy things you really like. If you are drawn to the flowy, ethnic look--pair it with something more simple and structured. Like a dark pair of jeans and cute flats--as Sunny did! Now that it is getting cooler, a great thing to add to any wardrobe is a fitted, structured jacket. They are all over the place right now! Check out these jackets.


    We went to Target to get Sunny some makeup. She has great skin and just needs some good powder for foundation. We updated her tired ole' makeup bag with some new products! We spent very little to help give her a new fresh look with more updated color palette.

    What are a few new things you learned or will incorporate into your beauty regimen? I really should buy in outfits and bring a friend for reference. Also I learned it's worth spending time & money on a hair cut and color, for that will help you look better everyday no matter how much (or less) you fix your hair.


    Sunny needed some new shoes. She likes to keep it simple--flip flops, running shoes and a few others. I think we all need some cute flats that look good with jeans. Sunny got these at Target. I think she did a great job. Target has a lot of great shoes right now. Check these out.

    Here is Sunny and her precious girls. They have been so sweet about Mommy's new hair and makeup. They think she looks beautiful!
    More bits of info from Sunny.

    Favorite TV show of all times? The Office (NBC) & The Wire (HBO)

    Books you would recommend to others. I'm a big reader, so....My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picult; Amazing Grace by Johnathan Kozel; The Other Boleyn Sister by Phillipa Gregory; and The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls.

    I have to admit I haven't read a single one of these books! I am not much of a reader--unless you count magazines and I can barely get through some of those.

    Sunny, it was a privilege to get to spend time with you. You were tough and fun and let me tell you my real thoughts about some of your clothes and makeup. It was fun. I hope you got some info that will help you. And most importantly, that you feel just a little bit better and more confident about yourself and have some clothes to wear when you go out!

Post Title

Mommy Makeover #2


Post URL

https://dancing-with-the-stars-2011.blogspot.com/2008/11/mommy-makeover-2.html


Visit dancing-with-the-stars-2011 for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive