Everybody's doin' the locomotion!

    I have mixed emotions tonight. 

    Love that it is summer. Hate that it is so freakin' hot. In June.

    Love air-conditioners. Hate that the upstairs stopped working for a while tonight. Love that it did come back on. (I hesitate to say anything because I don't want to jinx it.)

    Love that I have an ice cream treat waiting for me. Hate that I still feel full from dinner--my stomach is shrinking while my belly is getting HUGE!

    Love P-Y-T and Billie Jean. Hate that Michael Jackson died--living a strange, confused life. Still love me some Thriller. (I did see Michael and the rest of the Jackson's in concert during the victory tour. I was in 6th grade and it was my first concert. It was awesome! I might have worn a rolled up bandana as a headband to be cool.)

    Love So You Think You Can Dance. Love the DVR even more!

    Love that we have a home to live in. Hate the way home owner's insurance works. Hate deductibles that are extremely high. But did I mention, grateful to have a house and insurance?

    Love the casual style of summer--no makeup, easy, comfy clothes. Hate that I go too many days without showering and looking in the mirror only to find some major eye brow issues and other skin issues.

    Love that my children all finished swim lessons and loved them. Hate that my 6 year old daughter was discouraged because she knew most of the other girls swim faster than her. (it felt like a real "parenting" moment to hear her disappointment and frustration when talking about "losing" the relay swim. I didn't even think she noticed that part. She doesn't like failing at things and I can see that I will have to re-frame her definition of failing. She wasn't interested in that little life lesson tonight. The whole thing left me a little sad for her.)

    Love that we had our first dinner guests tonight. I have no conflicting feelings about that!

    Off to eat and watch tv. 

    Yea, the title had nothing to do with the post. I like any 80's or Tiffany references.



Post Title

Everybody's doin' the locomotion!


Post URL

https://dancing-with-the-stars-2011.blogspot.com/2009/06/everybody-doin-locomotion.html


Visit dancing-with-the-stars-2011 for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive