Cohen to Play for University of Florida

    Julia Cohen and I didn't cross paths in Florida last month, and when she emailed me that she had committed to a college, but didn't say which one, I was eager to talk to her about the decision. With contemporaries Ashley Weinhold and Kim Couts going the pro route, I suspected Cohen would too, but in our conversation, she explained that while that is her ultimate goal, she thought time in college would only benefit her. My Tennis Recruiting Network story on her decision to start classes next week in Gainesville is here and preempts my usual First Thursday Aces post, which will appear on Monday instead.

    Cohen called me from New York where she was playing in the USTA National Indoor Open, winning the women's singles title without loss of a set. Marcia Frost of collegeandjuniortennis.com has a report on the tournament here.

    A reminder: Anonymous comments are not published. Choose a nickname if you wish to have your comment posted.

Post Title

Cohen to Play for University of Florida


Post URL

https://dancing-with-the-stars-2011.blogspot.com/2008/01/cohen-to-play-for-university-of-florida.html


Visit dancing-with-the-stars-2011 for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive